In the present times, companies around the world are facing common operational hurdles that are increasing the importance of managed service providers. Many companies have a dedicated on-site IT team whom they are paying regularly, including the other payments, such as vacation pay, sick pay, etc. Such an IT team works on-premises and monitors IT infrastructure continuously, along with helping other employees in IT-related matters. Having a dedicated IT team seems a necessity in the present times, but it associates a lot of expenses. In this perspective, managed service providers present themselves as the ideal solution to meet IT needs at only a fraction of the cost compared to having a dedicated on-site IT team.
Working Scenarios of Managed Service Providers
Managed service providers are meant to manage most of the IT-centric operational activities of a company 24/7 and 365 days. Following are the different working scenarios in which MSPs are involved:
- MSP can provide support for your IT systems, networks, firmware, hard drives, software, telecommunication (internally and externally), and monitoring of every workstation.
- A company usually has financial, billing, sales, operations, and human resources departments that can be very well managed through an MSP.
- MSP can set up a ticketing system (helpdesk solution) where any of the company employees can set up a ticket. Afterward, the MSP representative will address that ticket and resolve the issue, such as email-related, documents-related, or other hardware/software issues. This greatly reduces the stress level among employees and increases productivity.
- MSP can set up a business intelligence solution where a company can learn about its IT solution efficiencies and find out any inefficiencies in the system.
- Commonly, when a company encounters an IT problem, it calls some IT experts to resolve the issue, such as fixing a computer, adding software, updating hardware, or similar other tasks. In such cases, a company pays per hour to those IT experts for their services. But MSP helps to get rid of such costs. MSP works with a proactive mechanism, where the representatives of the MSP are continuously monitoring your IT system, hardware, software, virus attacks, and other vulnerabilities. This way, MSP usually gets a hint if any hardware/software malfunction is expected to occur. Therefore, it gets fixed quicker at a lower cost.
- MSP can also handle software licensing, warranty issues, vendor management, telecommunications, maintenance, and similar other activities where a company manager or higher authorities don't want to get involved.
MSP comes at a monthly fixed price and that cost is extremely low compared to having an on-site IT team. In the present competitive digital era, companies' main focus should be to become more productive and provide top-notch services to the customers, while they must outsource all the time-consuming operational works and reduce the hefty cost associated with them. In a nutshell, MSPs present as an ideal companion for companies to meet their IT-centric needs effectively.
SunTel Technologies is one of Toronto's leading IT Companies. We offer leading IT solutions including Managed IT Services, Managed Security Services, Cloud Services, Business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR), Cyber Security Training and Dark Web Monitoring, IT Support Services, IT Consulting, IT Outsourcing Services and . We have been Toronto's leading managed IT service and IT support team for over 10 years and counting